The majority of golfers know that it’s not always easy to choose the right 5-wood. The fairway wood technology is undergoing constant evolution, meaning that even the average golfer or advanced golfers can’t see the wood for the trees sometimes.
Fortunately, we have managed to select the best 5-woods for 2022, taking scratch, mid-handicap golfers and High-handicap golfers skill levels into account.
So, whether this is your first time purchasing a 5-metal or you’re just wondering whether or not to upgrade your golf game, you’ve come to the right place! So, keep reading to find out!
Callaway Big Bertha B21 Fairway
First up, there’s the Callaway Big Bertha B21. This phenomenal 5-wood is especially suitable for beginning players looking for an easy-to-launch 5-wood with extra loft that’s not too difficult to handle compared to other fairway woods.
Besides beginning players, this golf club is also remarkably suited for golfers with a rather high handicap. The Callaway Big Bertha B21 is designed so that it makes it smoother for players to achieve greater distance!
Callaway is known for its AI technology, which is of the highest quality. Hence, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Big Bertha B21 Fairway is no exception to this.
Because of this, this type of 5-wood can allow golfers to achieve a higher ball speed, generally speaking, meaning that this club can also suit golfers with a rather low swing speed on average. The B21 is easy to launch. The resulting shot won’t leave you disappointed.
- This 5-wood is equipped with a great high-launch shaft.
- The amount of offset on this 5-wood’s clubhead makes it easier to avoid sliding in the golf swing.
- With the Callaway Big Bertha B21 Fairway, golfers can reach a higher ball speed.
- The Callaway Big Bertha B21 Fairway is on the bigger side of things, which means that it might not be ideal for golf players with a low handicap.
Cobra King Radspeed
Check it out on Amazon
Cobra King’s Speedzone model has also made a lasting impact. This model’s design was later used as a foundation for a CNC milled driver face and a carbon-fiber crown. Hence, it goes without saying that the Cobra King Radspeed 2021 had some big shoes to fill! Nevertheless, you’ll quickly find that this 5-wood can hold its own.
The Cobra engineers also equipped the Cobra King Radspeed with other gadgets and technology inherent to the Cobra designs, like the renowned hollow split rails. This all adds to the solid design of the Radspeed model.
Cobra found a way to improve its quality and incorporate this into the Cobra King Radspeed. They did this by inspecting the last fairway wood models to hit the market and by looking into the specific materials that were used. Afterward, they used this information to take the Radspeed to a higher level.
As a result, the Cobra King Radspeed has many useful functions for golfers all over the world. For example, the Radspeed allows players to reach an incredible ball speed and ball launch. It’s also one of the most forgiving wood available right now.
This 5-wood is the Perfect Fairway Wood if you want to work on hitting the sweet spot more often. Additionally, the Radspeed not only has all these mentioned features, but it also feels sound from the tee, and it can really improve your fairway shots!
- The CNC milled driver face adds to this 5-wood’s precision.
- You can use the Cobra King Radspeed 2021 together with the Cobra Connect technology on your smartphone.
- Thanks to the hollow split rails, this type of 5-wood makes it easier to hit a Golf ball out of the rough.
- Due to the recent nature of this model and the advanced technology, this 5-wood isn’t exactly cheap.
TaylorMade SIM2 Max Fairway
It’s time to talk about the TaylorMade SIM2 Max Fairway, which is another 5-wood worth mentioning. This 5-wood is especially known for its extremely detailed clubhead, which can really add to the accuracy you can achieve as a golf player. Hence, not only can this 5-wood really contribute to your ball speed, but it also allows you to miss fewer shots.
Just as was the case with the Callaway Big Bertha B21, the TaylorMade SIM2 Max Fairway is a phenomenal 5-wood for beginning golf players. The reason behind this is that the center of gravity is located a little bit lower, which is precisely what a beginning player needs.
Thanks to this 5-wood’s lower center of gravity, the launch is more on the higher side of things. Additionally, it also makes the TaylorMade SIM2 Max Fairway a pretty forgiving type of 5-wood. Even more so, it also adds to your precision as a golf player, so that’s always something to strive for!
Finally, just like with the former TaylorMade models, the SIM2 Max Fairway model is equipped with the famous V Steel technology and the advanced Speed Pocket Technology. A few differences noticeable as well, which shows that this 5-wood definitely is an improved version of the former models.
To be more concrete, with the SIM2 Max Fairway, you can achieve greater ball speed, and the club head is shaped a little bit differently, making the model more solid. Besides that, thanks to the design, the TaylorMade SIM2 Max Fairway is also more streamlined, which means that you can cover more distance with this 5-wood!
- With this 5-wood, you can reach an extremely high ball speed.
- The TaylorMade SIM2 Max Fairway is very forgiving. It doesn’t matter where the ball is positioned in this department.
- Thanks to the Twist Face technology, this 5-wood adds to your precision as a golf player.
- There aren’t all that many differences between this model and the former TaylorMade SIM Max Fairway model, so it’s not notably innovative.
- Consequently, there’s not an incentive to go for an upgrade if you already possess the older TaylorMade 5-wood model.
Cobra King Speedzone
The Cobra King Speedzone has already been mentioned in this list article, but that’s only because this 5-wood deserves all the praise that it gets in the golf community. This 5-wood hasn’t been on the market for that long, but it has already managed to leave a mark.
The Speedzone model is absolutely a step forward compared to the older Cobra F8 driver that was released a year before. A big improvement that’s responsible for the Speedzone’s great reputation is the advanced technology.
The Speedzone model works based on a combination of split rail technology and dual baffler rails. Adding this to the fact that Cobra has added a CNC milled driver face, you get a result that can satisfy a lot of golfers!
Diving a little bit deeper into the baffler rail technology, you can easily conclude that this is a great feature. Namely, it allows golfers to get out of certain hard spots like the rough more efficiently. Since this is one of the most prominent qualities that golfers generally are looking for, this advantage definitely shouldn’t be underestimated!
The reason that all of this is possible lies in the design of the Speedzone. This model offers increased loft incorporated with a lightweight carbon-fiber crown and rails. This all adds to a 5-wood that can get you out of tricky situations.
Another feature of the Cobra King Speedzone is that it’s adjustable, so players with different types of golf handicaps can enjoy this golf club. You can practically customize this 5-wood, entirely according to your liking, which has the ability to make you feel completely comfortable while you’re playing golf. Additionally, you can also use the Cobra Connect technology, and thus, you can check your game progress on your smartphone whenever you seem fit.
- With the Cobra King Speedzone, it’s easier to hit lower spinning golf balls.
- This 5-wood is adjustable to the tee!
- This model can get you out of the rough more easily than is the case with other types of 5-woods.
- Compared to other competitors on the market, the Cobra King Speedzone has a rather small profile.
TaylorMade SIM Max Fairway
Next up, there’s the TaylorMade SIM Max Fairway 5-wood. With this golf club, a golfer can achieve a ball speed that’s higher than ever before. Additionally, you can also build a lot of distance with this 5-wood, starting from the fairway.
This 5-wood is especially meant for golf players who are looking to hit more par-4s and par-5s. Namely, the SIM Max Fairway is equipped with V Steel Sole technology, which can help you if you’re struggling to hit it out of the rough or hit it from the fairway. This 5-wood can help you if your turf interaction hasn’t exactly been feeling right.
Also, the TaylorMade SIM Max Fairway works on the base of twist face technology. Consequently, this 5-wood will make it easier for you to keep the ball straight after hitting it, resulting in more distance. Another thing associated with the TaylorMade SIM Max Fairway that can help you build distance is the C300 steel face. Accordingly, this 5-wood’s face is very solid and makes it possible for you to exert a lot of power, which always comes in handy!
- The advanced speed pocket technology brings the TaylorMade SIM Max Fairway to a higher level.
- The face of this 5-wood is remarkably solid and hot, resulting in more power.
- With this golf club, you can build a lot of distance!
- This 5-wood also makes it possible to reach a greatly high ball speed
- Because of all the features involved, the TaylorMade Sim Max Fairway is rather expensive.
Moreover, the Callaway Mavrik fairway wood might be one of the most forgiving 5-woods on the market right now. In the process of making this 5-wood, there was artificial intelligence involved, and that’s part of Mavrik’s charm.
As a result, the face of this model isn’t only rather large but also causes better performances. Additionally, the Mavrik model uses Flash Face SS30 technology, which can really add to your ball speed as a golf player. Also, this leads to a notably low dispersion, which is a bonus, for sure!
However, the thing that makes the Mavrik 5-wood stand out the most might just be its design. Due to its particular design, you can really improve your launch angle, and you can also ensure that your ball stays straight on its flight after you hit it. Hence, this feature shouldn’t be underestimated!
Adding to this is the fact that the Callaway Mavris is another adjustable 5-wood. Accordingly, you can customize this golf club to fit your preferences, which makes the golfing process more flowing for every player!
- With the Callaway Mavrik, your ball speed has never been higher!
- You can hit lower spinning golf balls easier.
- With this golf club, you can really work on your launch angle.
- The Callaway Mavrik is adjustable to your likings.
- The clubhead of the Callaway Mavrik is more on the bigger side of things.
Wilson Staff C300
The Wilson Staff C300 is another great 5-wood, especially for golfers playing on a budget. Against a very democratic price, this 5-wood can offer you great performance. The design is also very advanced, so the lower price doesn’t translate into lower quality, for sure!
Moreover, this 5-wood can offer golf players a lot of interesting features. Concretely, the Wilson Staff C300 works on the base of Power Hole technology. As a result, this club is great for players who are looking to improve their ball speed! Another thing to remember is that this 5-wood is built from 455 stainless steel, and it also has a great sweet spot. Consequently, you can put a lot of power behind your shots, resulting in more speed and distance!
- You can adjust the weights of this 5-wood.
- The Power Hole technology is advanced.
- With the Wilson Staff C300, you can improve your ball speed.
- The price-quality ratio is to die for!
- Though not dramatic, you can feel the difference in quality a little bit compared to other competitors on the market.
Cleveland HB Fairway Wood
Last but certainly not least, there’s the Cleveland HB Fairway Wood, which is a 5-wood specifically designed to be remarkably forgiving and precise. Besides that, it’s also not really expensive, and that doesn’t show when it comes to quality. It should be mentioned, though, that this 5-wood is especially meant for golf players with a high golf handicap.
The Cleveland HB is equipped with HiBore Crown, which essentially means that this club has a rather low center of gravity. As a result, this is a great club for players struggling with their launch angle and getting their golf balls out of tough spots like the rough. Additionally, this 5-wood comes with a light design, which makes it great for players looking to hit it from the tee more efficiently. All in all, this model is beneficial for many golf players!
- It’s affordable.
- The Cleveland HB has a notably low center of gravity.
- Even though this 5-wood has a rather simple design, it’s remarkably easy to lanch.
- The shaft of this golf club isn’t that long in comparison to other competitors.
Epic Max Fairway 5 Wood Men’s/Right – Callaway Golf Fairway Woods
It often feels like the Callaway fairway woods are eventually going to reach a limit when it comes to speed and distance. However, with the Callaway Golf Epic Max Fairway wood, you will be pretty impressed that Callaway has pushed the limits yet again. This oversized head-shaped 5 wood has some of the fastest ball speeds we have seen coming from a 5 wood.
The Jailbreak Technology has been continued as well as the artificial intelligence to position the center of gravity perfectly. If you hit the ball in the center of this clubhead, it will go a long way; if you miss a little, it is still ready to travel.
When Callaway added adjustable weighting and launch to the Epic Max Fairway, it truly made it one of the best fairway woods on the market. If you want forgiveness but don’t want to sacrifice speed, this is the way to go.
- The Epic Max fairway has very high ball speeds.
- Adjustability includes two tunable weights of 2 and 14grams, each time you play, you can set it custom to your needs that day
- C300 Maraging Steel face for more speed and lower spin consistency across the face, stop a ball on the greens or let one roll down the fairway
- The only real downside to the Max model is that it is a bit large and can be challenging to get used to the size of the clubhead
2020 MAVRIK Fairway 5 Wood
Check it out on Amazon
The Callway Mavrik Fairway Wood has just recently dropped in price. If you have had this one on your radar, now is the time to pull the trigger. The Mavrik was created using artificial intelligence, and the SS20 face is perfectly optimized for performance. The Mavrik brought so much more speed and feel than the previous ROgue model.
The Mavrik has a unique leading edge that helps players get plenty of launch. Even though you will want your 5 wood to travel a long way, the ball flight is very important. The Mavrik model is a bit smaller than the Max, and that is a positive. Although the sweet spot runs a bit smaller, it will have a more natural fairway wood look, and sit a bit more comfortable for those shots from the fairway.
- The Callaway Mavrik is one of the longest fairway woods that Callaway has ever made
- The introduction of artificial intelligence in golf club wood manufacturing has proven to be very effective and worth the investment
- Pricing on the Mavrik woods has just started to drop, and this is the time to put a new 5 wood in your golf bag
- Low spin rates help players get some extra distance from both the tee and the fairway
- This is not the latest release from Callaway; however, most golfers are going to see very similar performance from this and the Epic golf clubs
TaylorMade M6 Fairway Wood
TaylorMade has always been know for speed, and they only increased their impressive speed performance when they added the M6 to their lineup. The M6 fairway wood was one of the highest-selling 5 woods that TaylorMade has ever put on the market. Luckily there are still plenty of them around, and you can now get them at a better price.
The biggest thing to remember about the M6 is that you will benefit significantly from the Twist Face technology included with this club. The 5 wood knows where players miss the face most often, and it is even more forgiving in these areas. With incredibly high ball speed and plenty of extra distance the M6 is the 5 wood to add to your bag today.
- The speed pocket technology continues to improve and give players an even hotter jump off the clubface
- The club has a very traditional TaylorMade look to it; it is confidence inducing and gives players the look they need to succeed
- Multi-material construction leads to higher launch and better performance from both the tee and the fairway
- The new SIM 2 Max has slightly higher ball speed readings
The Best 5 Wood for 2022 is The Cobra King Speedzone
Even though all the 5-woods mentioned on this list provide golfers with many great features and qualities, the Cobra King Speedzone really stands out. Even more so, it might just be one of the best-performing fairway woods ever to exist.
This verdict shouldn’t come as a surprise. That is to say, not only is the Speedzone model highly adjustable, forgiving, and comfortable due to the CNC milled driver face, but it can also really help you with your ball speed and distance as a golf player. Besides that, it’s also so that it’s a golf club that’s suited for a wide range of golfers, so it doesn’t discriminate! All in all, this 5-wood offers a great price-quality ratio!
5 Wood Buying Guide
Now that that’s all cleared up, it’s time to provide you with some useful tips for when you decide to purchase a 5-wood or another type of golf club. Namely, it’s still a fact that every golf player is different and unique, so you need to know which golf club is right for you in particular!
What’s The Ideal Loft For A 5-Wood?
For starters, if you want to know which 5-wood to buy, you should know a little bit about the ideal loft. More concretely, you should look for a 5-wood with a loft between 18 and 21 degrees. However, not all manufacturers are equally flexible, so you often don’t have that much room to negotiate.
Nevertheless, there’s one thing that you should strive for, and that’s a gap between your 3-wood and 5-wood. Besides that, it also always comes in handy to search after a 5-wood that has an adjustable loft. This way, you can customize it to fit your preferences completely!
What About Hitting Your 5-Wood Out Of The Rough?
Hitting it out of the rough is something that a lot of golf players struggle with. It remains a fact that hybrids are the optimal choice in this department. However, if you do insist on purchasing a fairway wood, you should know that you’ll have more luck hitting it out of the rough with a 5-wood than with a 3-wood. Even more so, it’s better to go for a 5-wood with a rather high loft angle since this stands for a more forgiving golf club. Lastly, there are 5-woods available with technology incorporated that makes it easier to get out of the rough, V Steel Sole, for example.
Is A 5-Wood Easy To Hit?
Finally, as far as fairway woods go, a 5-wood is relatively easy to hit, especially for beginners. That’s because a 5-wood generally has the right loft and launch angle, which helps golf players to hit shots, both from the fairway and the tee. Even more so, a 5-wood can also help you hit your ball out of the rough more easily because of this.
So, if you keep all the above-mentioned information in the back of your mind, it should hopefully already be significantly less difficult to make a choice on which type of golf club is best for you personally!