If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what is the Best Mallet Putters, then we recommend the Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Bird of Prey as the best one.
In a life filled with chaos and mayhem, engaging in a relaxing activity is a must to clear your mind. Some may find a movie marathon at home the perfect winding down activity. Others may opt for something a bit more outdoorsy, like a calming sport. What better sport than golf to de-stress?
When getting into golfing, it is crucial to have the right equipment to play with. One of the pieces of equipment you need is a top-class mallet putter, which is vital for hitting good strokes. A good mallet putter will get your ball to the target with just a light hit. Meanwhile, it will be easy to carry around as well. The mallet that best fits your needs is the key to a successful round of golf.
In this article, we’ve reviewed the five best mallet putters in the market for you to choose one as your golfing buddy.
Buyer’s guide for the Best Mallet Putters
- Buyer’s guide for the Best Mallet Putters
- Rundown: Best Mallet Putters
- Bottom Line
Whether you’ve been playing golf for years or have just gotten to it, you will need the perfect mallet putter to excel in the game. With so many options available, it can be tough to choose. Every mallet putter has different features and varying levels of performance. Hence, you may stress over which one is the best choice for you.
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Here are a few things you should consider when you’re shopping for the mallet putter of your dreams.
1. What should the length of my putter be?
The length of your putter plays a vital role in ensuring your ball reaches the target. It also provides the correct pendulum stroke. Most putters are between 32 to 52 inches. Since the suitable length depends on your height, it is crucial to test out the putters physically before buying them.
There is a simple way to determine whether the size of the putter is ideal for you. Take your natural golfing stance and hold the putter in your hands. If you grip the shaft of the putter rather than the handle, you’ll need a shorter putter. But if your hands reach the end of the handle or beyond it, a longer putter will be ideal for you.
2. How does putter alignment affect my game?
Putter alignment is crucial to a golfer, and poor putter alignment can make you miss your target completely. This is why you should look for putters that are effortless and comfortable to align with the target. Incorrect alignment affects your stroke in two ways.
Firstly, the ball fails to reach the hole and misses the target either entirely or partially, swaying right or left. Secondly, suppose the putter doesn’t have proper alignment. In that case, the ball will not hit the optimal hitting spot on the putter, and the ball won’t travel the distance to the target. So, always choose putters designed to provide accurate alignment and comfortable feel while holding and swinging.
3. Are mallet putters better than blade putters?
There are a number of putters in the market today, all of which come in various shapes and sizes. However, the top two leading ones are blade and mallet putters. Amateur and professional golfers have used both of these for years, and each has its pros and cons.
However, people widely prefer mallet putters for a few obvious reasons. These include their wide availability, their higher moment of inertia, and their larger surface area. Hence, they have fewer alignment issues and more chances of hitting the sweet spot on the mullet. They now also come in a variety of different designs that allow the players to play multiple strokes.
As the days pass, mallet putters are gaining rightly earned popularity. However, some veteran golfers may still prefer the blade putters because of their familiarity and ease of playing with it.
4. What kind of putter face is best for me?
Choosing the type of putter face depends on the golf ball you’ll be hitting and the grass at the golf course you’ll be playing at. Metal-faced putters are standard. They consist of zinc, aluminum, and copper, and they provide the best hit and sound. They are also hard and heavy.
Insert-faced putters have the inner metal of the metal-faced putter replaced with softer metals. These increase the moment of inertia (MOI) but do not produce as loud a sound when hitting the ball. However, they are useful when playing with hard-covered balls, providing the same feel as hitting with a metal putter.
Groove putters can be both metal-faced or insert-faced, but they are not very popular. They cause the ball to skid, skip, and even bounce off the grass before reaching the hole, thereby missing the targets most of the time. An upside may be that the grooves fit with the ball’s surface and lift it from the ground into an over-the-top rolling position.
5. What kind of grip should I use on my putter?
Choosing the right putter grip is as vital as any of the other mentioned factors. If you have a very tight grip, it will most likely lead to poor strokes and missing your target hole. Remember to choose a grip that makes you have a moderate grip on the handle. That enables comfortable and easy swinging of the putter and precision in strokes.
Rundown: Best Mallet Putters
Below are our top five picks for the best mallet putters in the market.
If you or someone in your family has been an avid golf player, you’re bound to have heard of Odyssey. This company’s putters are among the best ones out there, which is why we are starting our list with them.
People have formerly known Odyssey for their amazing golf putter heads. However, they’ve now begun focusing on putter shafts as well, giving them a clear edge over any other contender. The graphite steel shaft allows more accurate weight shifting and speed control.
A very prominent plus is the fact that it has a broader clubhead, contributing to higher stability. The advantage of this is a cleaner stroke and a lesser chance of missing the ball or the ball missing the sweet spot of the mallet putter. Even if you hit the ball a little off-center, it still lands pretty close to the target. So, it pretty much guarantees an overall better performance.
What We Liked
- This model provides excellent chances of hitting the sweet spot at the center of the mallet putter. Hence, the chances of missing the target or stroke reduce significantly.
- The face insert is of top-class quality, which provides hard, strong hits with a good sound for ensuring tactile and auditory sensation upon impact.
- The alignment is highly accurate, giving the player a clear top view of the golf ball and allowing them to line up their putter exactly where it is needed.
- A modifiable model is also available for players with a handicap. That allows them an opportunity to enjoy the sport with a feeling of ease and comfort.
What We Didn’t Like
- This model and the one designed specifically for players with a handicap are both quite expensive compared to the other models available in the market.
This mallet putter is an absolute beauty, not just in looks but because it allows the player to ease into the game and play with the utmost confidence. It has a few very prominent and important features that contribute to strengthening your game. We’d say it is a good investment for your money, even if it’s a bit over the average price range.
This putter is one of the best mallet putters out there. That’s not just due to its performance but also because of the reasonable price it comes with. If you aren’t a big fan of splurging money on putters but want a decent one to up your game with, this is definitely the one for you.
It comes with its own set of benefits as well, starting with a smaller-looking but hard-hitting clubhead. You probably won’t ever miss hitting the ball even if the clubhead area is slightly lesser than the other mallets out there. The face insert provides a high level of accuracy when hitting the ball. Also, it ensures a cushioned hit and uniform roll on the golf course.
The putter is specially designed to have a speed optimize face technology, which provides a consistent feel to the ball while it rolls and also a softer feel to the hit. It also has a milled face, which helps your ball reach a significant distance even if it missed the center while hitting.
What We Liked
- The first thing that caught our eye was the price range for this incredible sporting equipment. This putter provides the finest features with a very pocket-friendly price, affordable for all.
- The milled head we talked about earlier has made its appearance again. We definitely can’t get over how beautiful the golf ball sounds while hitting it and how you can send your ball rolling across the golf course, even with a light-hearted or mistimed stroke.
- The speed optimize face technology provides better stance control.
What We Didn’t Like
- The clubhead is a little smaller than our liking, even if it still provides a good surface area for hitting the ball. Some players may not prefer the smaller head even with a high level of precision.
- It does not provide accurate alignment, so lining up the ball may be difficult, affecting your game.
The Cleveland putter is one of the best ones out there. It becomes even more attractive because of the low price at which you can get your hands on it. The lower price doesn’t necessarily influence the performance, but a few features are undoubtedly missing, which can affect your game.
Evnroll has gained fame for making some top-grade putters in the world of golf, and this model is no different. An immediate plus is the different lengths it is available in, including 33, 34, and 35 inches. But choosing the right one is vital. These different lengths provide a variety and accommodate different players’ needs.
Another positive is its design that provides ease of alignment with not just one but two factors. Firstly, a line runs down the length of the putter to indicate where you should place the ball. Secondly, the putter also has two small dots referring to the sot between which the ball should line up. This will undoubtedly provide a level of unmatched accuracy and precision.
Again, this mallet putter has a sweet face technology that ensures your ball travels a considerable distance, even if it missed the center spot of the head. The milling pattern on the putter guarantees a consistent rolling of the ball across the golf golf course. It also offers the plus of getting it fitted to suit your body type, which is particularly important for players with a handicap.
What We Liked
- The different lengths allow you to choose the best option for your height and body size.
- The alignment lines and spots are a huge positive for this putter, giving both accuracy and precision to strokes.
- The milling pattern provides a smooth and soft roll for the ball once it hits the golf course.
What We Didn’t Like
- This putter has a big chunky head, which can be heavy to carry and control. Most players prefer a lightweight head for ease of playing and good control.
- It is a bit high in the price range, possibly due to its premium quality and customized fitting features.
This mallet putter is a good investment for the additional features it provides, including alignment assistance, variety in lengths, and availability of fitting services that greatly benefit players with a handicap. So, if you’re looking for any of these qualities in the finest class of putters, look no further. However, be ready to pay up an extra few pennies.
If you’re looking for a mallet putter that meets your needs but is easy on the pocket, look no further because this one has it all. It may not exactly be premium quality, but this putter will save the day if you are tight on money. It is also really attractive looking with an all-white exterior.
First things first, because it is cheaper than other putters, it won’t exactly give the same feel, but it makes up for it in speed. The putters send the ball rolling on the golf course at a speed matchable or even higher than other expensive models. Also, the alignment lines help with better lining up of the golf ball for well-timed hits.
This putter’s very prominent feature is its length, which is tall enough to accommodate players above six feet easily. This allows golfers to have good and proper posture and hit clean and consistent strokes. And if you have an average height, the length of the putter will in no way hinder your game or playing stance.
What We Liked
- The first noticeable feature that caught our eye was the impressive length of the putter. This makes it ideal for everyone, including above-average height players who may find it challenging to get a putter that doesn’t strain their backs.
- Next is the alignment line that undoubtedly is a huge plus because of the ease of lining up it provides. You can be sure of consistently hitting the sweet spot on the head with every hit.
- A feature that we loved and found missing in a few top class putters was how beautifully weighted the clubhead is, with an average weight that is not heavy at all. This helps produce the best pendulum swing for those satisfying and perfect shots.
- Last but not least, it comes for a very affordable price. Hence, you don’t have to worry about straining your pocket with this purchase.
What We Didn’t Like
- This mallet putter has a white design. While it may seem appealing to the eye and great in contrast with the green playing golf course, the white paint seems to come off pretty easily. It may also get chipped at various places if you don’t handle it carefully.
- Another downside is that its design is suitable only for right-handed players. Hence, that limits its usage on a larger scale.
- While the height is perfect for a fair number of players, even those taller than average, some players with handicaps may find it difficult to handle the putter. They may instead look for other options with slightly smaller lengths.
The Pinemeadow putter is a good one to add to your putter collection. There are a variety of features it comes with for a very low cost. Just remember to handle it with a little care when you’re out to play, and you’re good to go.
This putter is undoubtedly one of the most modern and revolutionarily designed putters on our list. The shape itself is a bit unusual but adds to the great feel of the game. Starting with the modern-looking face insert, it consists of two layers of a material called Pebax.
The first, outer layer has a soft feel to it, which provides pinpoint precision. The second layer is a bit harder and firmer, which contributes to improved consistency and control over the distance the ball covers. The ball can travel up to 40 feet with this fantastic feature.
The feature that caught our eye the most was the adjustable-length shaft. The shaft has a design that offers a quarter-inch length adjustment, both up and down. This makes it perfect for individuals of different heights and players with handicaps who need a little more length adjustment.
It has a heavier clubhead that offers stability. An alignment line right in the middle helps players align the ball correctly. An impressive feature is that its exterior has a stealth finish, which reduces the sun’s glare, making it easier to see when playing on a particularly sunny day.
What We Liked
- The impressive double-layered face insert is what made us fans of this putter, and rightly so. The softer feel and control over the distance it provides is phenomenal and adds to the rich experience.
- The second is the adjustable length of the shaft that we haven’t seen in any other model so far. It is undoubtedly a huge plus for any player.
- A sleek-looking design makes it an impressive purchase.
What We Didn’t Like
- The clubhead is a bit heavy, which is difficult to carry around.
- It is probably one of the more expensive putters and will put a strain on your bank account.
This is probably one of the most impressive-looking mallet putters with several impressive unique features. However, the price may be a bit heavy on the pocket but is a top choice nevertheless.
So, we’ve listed a few of our personal favorites in this article, which, to be fair, deserve to be on the list because of the features they provide. If we had to choose one from this list, as difficult as it is, we’d go for the Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Bird of Prey.
This is the best choice for obvious reasons, including a wider clubhead, a very accurate alignment, and a top-quality face insert, which provides a very good sound and soft feel upon hitting the ball. Its feature of being adjustable to the individual’s needs is also desirable. Yes, it is a bit expensive, but we’d say it is an excellent investment, whether you are a professional or just started playing. This putter will go a long way with you.
We’ve tried our best to give you various options in the world of mallet putters and hope you find the perfect golfing buddy.