Updated on March 1st, 2021 at 08:46 pm
The putters on this page are for golfers looking to add a putter to their bag for the lowest price tag possible.
There are times when you want the higher end equipment with all the bells and whistles. There are other times where you are just buying something cheap and it won’t impact your life that much. Kind of like buying a pack of gum.
I doubt you will have buyer’s remorse about buying a pack of gum. But you may have buyer’s remorse if you spend $300 on a putter and play golf twice a year.
The 5 putters on this page are for those looking for the cheapest option available and want it delivered quickly from Amazon.
Most Affordable Putters
Tour Edge Hp Series Red 10 Putter
To kick off the list is the Tour Edge Hp series red 10 putters. Although Tour Edge may not be a big brand unlike other options, it still produces high-quality products at an affordable price. So, don’t let that name fool you into thinking that they produce poor performing products, whereas the fact is that it is totally the opposite.
This putter is designed with a clean and minimalistic finish which makes it resemble the famous TaylorMade Spider putter which we all know is loved by many. Although this putter may not provide the same feel and performance as the famous TaylorMade putter, it surely lives up to its price point and provides consistent performance along with great value to money.
This Hp series putter comes equipped with a face insert that helps in providing a very soft feel. This face insert has micro-grooves designed in it which will deliver a much authentic green roll. Even if red is not your favorite color, the contrasting color coupled with the white alignment lines will help you keep the ball on the track and will improve your game as well. This putter also comes equipped with a jumbo grip, which is a great feature as it allows you to properly hold and grip the putter so that you sink that birdie in style.
What We Liked
- The large jumbo grip that comes with this Tour Edge Hp series putter, makes gripping and holding the putter very easily irrespective of your hand size
- This putter is available in 33, 34- and 35-inch length variants. This provides a lot of options for every type of player
- The face insert in this putter allows for a much softer and authentic roll and feel which will make your game that much more enjoyable
- Tour Edge Hp Putter comes equipped with very large alignment lines. This will make putting accurately a breeze
What We Didn’t Like
- Although this might be suited for the majority of players, the lightweight may become a deciding factor for some people as it can seem a bit “too” light
- This is the case with every club or piece of equipment but especially when it comes to this putter, if you don’t properly take care of it then it will not hold up
Pinemeadow Golf PGX Putter
This Pinemeadow Golf PGX putter is highly regarded amongst budget golfers and this truly deserves the praise that it gets. The features and performance that is offered are appealing in all aspects. This is an all-rounder as it perfectly balances price, playability, style, and performance as well.
This putter comes equipped with a mallet-style head which might be old in design but still remains a great choice if you are on a budget and want a good golfing experience. It comes with a white head which not only provides a stylish aesthetic and personality to your golf bag but also serves a great purpose.
The white color contrasts with the green and helps you to accurately putt. The standout alignment lines on the stylish club head also make putting a little easier. This PGX putter is 34 inches in length and is perfect for right-handed individuals that prefer this traditional height, although variations in length would add more value to this putter.
This putter weighs around 380 grams, which puts this under the “tour weighted” category. This extra weight will allow you to be more consistent even on faster greens. If you want to hit smooth and stable strokes then this putter will help you achieve that. On top of all this, it also comes with a headcover to keep your putter safe from all conditions.
What We Liked
- This Pinemeadow PGX putter comes equipped with a stylish white head which not only provides an aesthetic flair but also helps a ton in getting a clearer and much more precise alignment against the green
- The extra 40 grams on this mallet faced putter makes this a “tour weighted” putter. This extra weight allows for a much smoother, stable, and consistent roll on faster greens
- It comes with a headcover which keeps the putter safe from any type of external factors, making the putter last longer
What We Didn’t Like
- It was found that some users reported that the paint on the putter head tends to chip, that is why if you plan on buying this putter then use the headcover
- The tour weight of this putter may not be suitable to every user and could be a bit heavy at times as well
- It is only available in a 34-inch right-handed variant
Wilson Staff Harmonized Golf Putter
As you might know, Wilson is a famous brand and has made a strong footing in the golfing world. They provide their customers with a wide range of high-quality products tailored to match the playstyle and requirement of any type of golfer.
This Wilson Staff Harmonized Golf putter is one of the cheapest putters from their lineup. But don’t let the word cheap fool you as that is nowhere near the case with the quality that this putter offers. This putter is marketed are designed for women golfers.
A major difference between a man’s putter and a woman’s putter is that the woman’s putter is a bit shorter in length and comes in bright colors (not that it makes a difference in the performance). This club is available in two different variants, the M1 and the M2, which are designed for two different types of players.
The M1 is a blade-style putter and comes equipped with a white head with a softer feeling face. The M2 variant of this putter has the same face that provides a soft feel but it resembles a mallet head design. The M2 has been claimed to be easier to read and a bit less tedious to line up compared to the M1 variant.
The closest club matching this putter is probably the Odyssey White Hot, but with the leading factor that this putter is much more affordable. This Staff Harmonized Golf Putter from Wilson comes with a grip that is slightly larger than the standard size which makes it a perfect fit for women golfers.
What We Liked
- If you are a female golfer than this putter might your best option as it is tailored to match your requirements and grip
- This putter is available in two different options, which will provide multiple options for golfers to choose from according to their requirements
- The Wilson Staff Harmonized Golf Putter comes equipped with a slightly large than standard grip which makes sure that hand action is minimized and proper control is given to the golfer
What We Didn’t Like
- This putter is only available in a single length variant, even though two different head options are provided but no variation in length is present
- Although this might be made by Wilson, the overall feel of the putter isn’t par with high-end putters, but that is to be expected due to the low-price tag
Ray Cook Golf Silver Ray SR800 Putter
Ray Cook is a legendary name in the golf and putter industry. Ray Cook was a brilliant entrepreneur and visionary. He combined the knowledge from his physics and aerodynamics classes and his years of being a caddy and made a revolutionary putter.
Although Ray Cook wasn’t a professional player, his putters were used in many PGA tours. The pros that used his putters always received remarkable results and Ray Cook’s putters ended up winning more than 200 PGA events along with 4 majors as well during the period of 1960 to 1980s.
The staggering number of individuals that used his putters can give you an idea of the brilliant marksmanship, quality, and performance offered by these putters. To this day Ray Cook putters continue to carry on the founder’s legacy as they produce high quality and affordable putters that are sought after by many golfers around the globe.
This Ray Cook Golf Silver Ray SR800 putter is from the Silver Ray lineup and was released in the year 2016 and since then has gained quite a fan following. This putter comes equipped with a soft mid-sized grip which is perfect for any type of golfer. It features a cast aluminum face and mallet head design along with an alignment line on top, this wonderful combination provides precise accuracy and smooth consistent putts. The head of this putter weighs around 360 grams and is available in both 34- and 35-inch length variants.
What We Liked
- Ray Cook putters have won more than 200 PGA events along with 4 majors as well. This gives the idea of the level of quality, reliability, and performance that is offered with Ray Cook putters
- The SR800 putter weighs about 360 grams, which makes it fall into the “Tour Weight” category. This allows the ball to roll smoothly even in faster greens
- It is available in both 34 inch and 35-inch variants giving people multiple options to choose from according to their height and playstyle
What We Didn’t Like
- Some users have reported that they are not too fond of the sound produced when the putter makes contact with the ball
- This putter is only available in right-hand variants which leaves left-handed people no choice but to ignore this putter
QUOLF Two-Way Putter
If you are a new golfer who doesn’t want to spend a lot of money on golf equipment then this putter is a great choice for you. This putter from Quolf golf has a standard design with an all-metal build and construction. Although you might see this putter in your local mini-golf, this is nonetheless a great putter to start learning with.
The amazing thing about this putter that stands above the competition is that it is an ambidextrous putter. This means that it can be used by both left-handed and right-handed people. This two-way putter from the company known as Quolf is a great learning tool and is very easy to use and putt with as well. It is extremely lightweight, weighing only around 1 pound which is quite amazing for a putter.
This lightweight nature makes it a great option for kids too. The two-way putter is equipped with a standard grip that everyone is familiar with, which means you will have no problem adjusting to it. Even though this lacks the amazing features of a modern-day putter, it still provides great value to money. it is available in a 34-inch length variant which is considered the standard height for putters in the market.
This Quolf two-way putter also provides an antique look as the head and face of this putter resemble putters from the 50s era. So, when you’ve outgrown this putter, you can always hang it on your display wall to add that vintage flair.
What We Liked
- This Quolf putter is a two-way putter. This means that it can be used by both left-handed and right-handed people without a problem
- It is very affordable compared to other options that are available in the market
- It comes equipped with a standard grip that is easy to use as it is neither too bulky or nor too thin
- This putter features a minimalistic design that has a bit of vintage flair as well
What We Didn’t Like
- This putter from Quolf is only available in 34inch variants which is not ideal for people looking for either smaller or longer variants
- It doesn’t come with a headcover so you have to buy it yourself in order to keep your putter clean and free from any dust etc.
Things to Look for Before Buying a Putter
When you are in the market for a cheap putter, you need to consider certain aspects before purchasing one. This will help you get a better understanding of where to spend your hard-earned money.
When choosing a putter for yourself, you need to make sure that the putter has a proper alignment. The putter should be easy to line up and the process has to be comfortable and seamless as well. An improperly aligned putter can cause you to miss the hole which can adversely affect your score.
Some putters offer multiple alignment lines and their heads are made in a certain way to assist and align your shot as well. Alignment is also not purely putter based as perfect alignment can only come from experience and proper equipment.
Putters come in two different head shapes. These differ in length, width, and have an effect on performance as well.
The first type is the blade head. This is a more traditional type of putter head and is usually long and narrow. This type usually requires a little more skill and experience as the alignment line is quite small and a smaller surface area is sometimes difficult to navigate. This is used by most professional golfers.
These are the second type of putter heads. These are almost as wide from the back as they are from the front of the head. These are easier to navigate and use and make lining up putts very easy. These are usually used by beginners or golfers who want to take the easier route.
This is one of the most important things to look out for as one of the main problems people have with their putters is that the length is not suitable. Usually, golf putters are available in sizes varying from 33 inches, 34 inches to 35 inches in length. But you should purchase a putter that is according to your height and playing style and you shouldn’t outright purchase a 35-inch putter.
Most professional golfers use putters between 32 and 34 inches. The general rule of thumb is that the better the putter fits your grip and playstyle, the better putt you will make. Buying a putter that is not according to your requirements can lead to inconsistent gameplay and irregular ball roll. If you are not sure about which length putter to purchase then you can always visit your pro shop and test out different length putters to find out which one suits you the best. Putter length comes in two general categories:
This length is between the 32-36-inch mark and they work with the natural flow of your putting stroke. This is a much more common and widely used length category.
This consists of lengths between 36-38 inches. This means that the putters are longer which allows you to grip down the putter adding a counterweight effect with the extra shaft above your grip. This can lead to a more stable stroke as you are using the motion of the putter to guide your putt.
Putters come with two basic face types. These options are inserted and milled. Milled faces are generally preferred by golfers who want more audible feedback as these are much louder when they come into contact with a golf ball. When putting with a milled face putter, you can immediately hear and feel the point of contact.
This feature provides golfers with feedback through which they can further improve their game if needed. The second type of face is known as inserts. Inserts are made out of composites which means that they are preferred by golfers that don’t want audible feedback due to this providing much softer feeling putts.
The insert faced putters are great for beginners as they redistribute weight to the heel and toe of the putter which allows for them to be a little bit more forgiving compared to the milled face putters. However, there are some things in common in both types.
They both have patterns on them which also produce forward roll and help reduce skid. All in all, if you would like to have more audible feedback and feel then go with a milled face putter otherwise an insert faced putter will be your best bet.
All in all, if you are looking for a good putting experience but don’t want to drop a load of cash to get that then the best option is to look for cheap putters. Hopefully, our list has helped you get a better understanding of which putter to get.
Even though all the putters mentioned in our list are great options, we think that the Tour Edge Hp Series 10 Red Putter is the best amongst them all. This is because it features a TaylorMade Spyder like design allowing for accurate shots due to the mallet head and alignment lines. It offers great performance, pleasing aesthetics, and reliability all in an affordable package. It is truly an all-rounder and covers all aspects.
However, if you don’t agree with our top pick and want to go with any other option from our list then it’s purely up to you as you won’t be disappointed with your decision. Just remember to find the perfect balance between performance, reliably, aesthetics, features, and price when looking for a putter.