If you have just recently measured and calculated your swing speed and have found out that you land in the 90-95 mph swing speed mark and are looking for the best golf balls suited to you, then you are in the right place. We’ll walk you through everything you need to know regarding your play style and the things you need to consider. After that, we will also guide you to the best golf ball for 90-95 mph swing speeds.
Best Golf Ball for 90-95 MPH Swing Speed
Callaway Superhot Bold Golf Balls
Callaway is one of the pioneers of golf, and their list of products is undoubtedly one of the best available. They deal with top-notch golf equipment and gear. Hence, they are one of the most highly acclaimed golf companies around. These Superhot Bold golf balls are no exception.
These golf balls are full of features and are great for long-distance swings. Along with their excellent control and increased short game spin, they provide exceptional value. That is why many golfers rate them very highly. However, they are not as good over short-distance swings.
These will undoubtedly provide outstanding performance and features to players with different swing speeds. Therefore, they are generally an excellent pick for every golfer. They feature a 3-piece construction along with a soft cover. This combination will provide increased spin. Moreover, they will give you the control you need on the green so that you can secure that birdie.
These have class-leading aerodynamics designed for optimal lift and low drag. That allows the ball to remain in the air for longer while having strong flight. This is crucial as it will enable you to achieve longer distances from the tee to the green even with a 90-95 mph swing speed.
You can find these balls in a pack of 15 that come in different colors, some of which are matte red, matte yellow, matte green, matte orange, and white.
What We Liked
- Surprisingly, even though these high-quality golf balls deliver excellent performance, they are still very affordable for the average golfer. This is great if you are looking to save some money in this expensive sport.
- They are optimum for long-distance shots due to their construction and aerodynamics. That allows them to travel long distances with a 90-95 mph swing speed.
- The Callaway Superhot golf balls offer great control allowing for accurate shots and a straight trajectory for players with varying or moderate swing speed.
What We Didn’t Like
- We do not recommend them for short distances. The control and spin control is not as strong as compared to long-distance shots.
- Even though Callaway offers a wide range of color options with these golf balls, some colors, such as matte green, are harder to spot on the green and fairway. That might mean that you would have to buy new golf balls frequently if you keep losing them.
Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls
Titleist is one of the most well-known golf companies out there, as they have been dealing in top-notch golf equipment for quite some time. Their craftsmanship and dedication to the sport is genuinely remarkable and unparalleled. These soft golf balls are a great example of Titleist’s expertise.
Golfers consider these golf balls to be one of the best options for any golfer, including golfers with an average swing speed of 90-95 mph. They have improved the previous 302-dimple design to a spherically tiled 342 cuboctahedron dimple design. This design improves aerodynamics, which reduces drag on the ball and allows for a consistent flight path. These golf balls have great accuracy, along with high speeds and low drag.
Titleist had a vision that they had to design the golf ball in such a way that it achieved longer distances while still providing a soft and comfortable feel and excellent control along with it as well. It should come as no surprise, but many renowned golfers and testers have confirmed that Titleist has succeeded in this venture.
These golf balls have a 2-piece construction and a newly designed and engineered thin cover. The cover consists of a blend of materials designed to improve spin and control. This design was to balance out the large and impressive core that is in these golf balls.
The soft compression core present in these soft golf balls is the largest core Titleist has ever used. This aids in providing long-distance shots with a soft feel as it creates good speed on impact, which enables you to achieve impressive distances.
What We Liked
- These golf balls allow for satisfactory greenside control. This is because of the specially designed thin cover and dimple design. This design specifically helps to provide the ultimate control and spin.
- Due to the soft core and the specially designed cover of these golf balls, they provide a very soft feel on impact, which is not only satisfactory but is also a great way to know if you have hit your shot right.
- These Tour Soft golf balls from Titleist provide excellent ball speed and impressive distance due to the large soft core and the 2-piece construction.
- The 342 dimples on these golf balls provide an aerodynamic design. The design considerably reduces drag and aids in increasing distance, control, and feel.
What We Didn’t Like
- They are not the cheapest option available in the market.
- If a player with an aggressive swing speed uses these golf balls, they might not enjoy the experience. These golf balls might prove to be too soft for their liking and playing style.
Bridgestone e6 Soft Yellow Golf Balls
Bridgestone is not a stranger when it comes to providing customers with quality golf balls and equipment. Professional golfers have rated their equipment highly throughout the years, and their fantastic quality and performance reflect that praise.
These golf balls are able to deliver both great feel during shots and also provide good distance. They also have the additional benefit of a low spin from the driver’s face. This will allow you to maintain your trajectory so that you can impress your flight members.
These e6 soft golf balls have a 3-piece construction with a 330-dimple design and a Surlyn outer cover. The cover helps the ball to have the ultimate durability and reliability. Another great bonus of these e6 golf balls is that they deliver high performance with an affordable price tag.
These are mid-compression golf balls that have a straight and low flight compared to higher compression golf balls. Bridgestone has designed these with an anti-spin mantle coating. The coating is perfect for when you just want to smash the ball off the tee without a second thought.
An added feature is the proprietary soft gradational core that allows the ball to appropriately respond to all different types of shots you might hit. Since the ball’s design allows for a variety of speeds, it is ideal for golfers with a 90-95 mph swing speed.
These golf balls will easily cut through the cold winter air and strong wings due to their signature Delta Wing dimple design. They come in an optic yellow color, which makes them ideal for foggy, snowy, or dark conditions as they are very bright and easy to spot on the course.
What We Liked
- Their 3-piece construction makes them very durable. Hence, these golf balls also provide value as you wouldn’t have to change them that often.
- The bright yellow color allows you to easily spot them even in foggy, snowy, and dark conditions. This is a fantastic feature for everyone, as long as you don’t want to lose your golf ball, having to add three strokes to your score.
- These have a much lower and straighter flight path due to them being mid-compression golf balls. This allows them to easily glide through winter winds and cold weather and harsh weather conditions.
What We Didn’t Like
- Their price tag might not be justifiable as you may be able to find better options in the market for around the same price.
- Some people have reported that these golf balls aren’t soft enough and felt too hard for their liking due to them having a Surlyn cover.
Srixon Q-Star Tour 2 Golf Balls
This brand is not a stranger in the world of golf, as Srixon is known to be one of the pioneers of golf equipment and gear. They aim to provide their customers with the best quality products that will last for quite a long time.
These Q-Star Tour 2 golf balls are a great representation of the fine work that Srixon is capable of. These golf balls feature a 3-piece construction, which allows them to have higher spin than usual. They have a compression rating of 75, which most people consider to be low. This is perfect for any golfer, including people with a 90-95 mph swing speed.
If you want a golf ball that provides the feel and performance of a tour ball, then look no further as this golf ball aims to do precisely that. Even though you sacrifice some durability in these golf balls, you will undoubtedly observe a gain in performance and overall feel. The low compression core also allows for greater spin control. That is an excellent feature for golfers with any swing speed.
These golf balls have an energetic gradient growth core in a very thin and low-profile Urethane cover. The cover also has an improved spin skin layer as well. These golf balls offer low drag that significantly improves the flight path of the ball, allowing for longer distances and enhanced ball control. This is due to them having a 324-dimple design with a spread out signature Srixon speed dimple pattern.
What We Liked
- These Q-Star Tour 2 golf balls feature a soft compression core that not only produces low driver spin but also allows for more control over the ball.
- The long decal with arrows on the golf ball allows for improved alignment during putting.
- These golf balls will provide tour-like performance and feel. This is primarily due to the specially designed Urethane cover equipped with a spin skin covering.
- These golf balls offer outstanding performance and value for the price.
What We Didn’t Like
- These golf balls could be better in some aspects. For example, they tend to run a bit longer than required during chipping.
- Some golfers have reported that the putter roll is not that great due to the ball being too soft.
Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls
Titleist has made another entry into our list. These Pro V1 golf balls from Titleist are among the most famous and highly acclaimed golf balls ever. They are claimed to be one of the best golf balls in all categories by many avid golfers and professionals. They are perfect for any player with any type of swing speed because their design provides every golfer with a fantastic experience.
The Pro V1 golf balls provide a great soft feel and low compression, and the credit goes to the thin urethane elastomer cover. This extraordinary combination will lead to you achieving longer distances even in harsh playing conditions and with a variable swing speed. The proprietary cast urethane elastomer cover ensures industry-leading greenside spin and feel. This leads to a better response when you are trying to score.
These golf balls offer an amazing drop-and-stop feature. It promises to tackle the age-old problem of the ball rolling off the green just after you hit a fantastic shot. When the ball lands on the green, it stays in that same position, allowing for greater greenside control and high-quality game control as well.
A widespread problem with other golf balls is that during certain weather conditions, the golf ball tends to lose its trajectory. Hence, its overall distance reduces by a wide margin. But with the Pro V1, you should expect penetrating trajectory and extraordinary distances that will improve your game.
Due to their excellent distance coverage and consistent flights, every type of golfer admires these golf balls. The cover and design aid the overall low compression and great feel that are necessary for achieving satisfactory results. However, they are some of the most expensive options in the market, so they might not be everyone’s cup of tea.
What We Liked
- The Pro V1s offer great distance coverage when you take your tee shot due to their unique construction and thin cover. These features make the golf balls not only exceptionally soft, flexible, and responsive but also very durable.
- These golf balls offer a great soft feel due to their low compression and low profile cover. This provides excellent and satisfactory noise feedback, which makes playing golf with your buddies that much more enjoyable.
- They provide extreme spin around the greens, which allows for greater control and feel due to the 352-dimple design.
- The drop-and-stop feature is excellent as it makes sure that the ball stays in the same spot and doesn’t roll off the green. Hence, it means that the greenside control is immaculate.
What We Didn’t Like
- They are quite expensive compared to other golf balls in the market. Hence, people might prefer some cheaper options, despite the gulf in quality.
By now, we hope that you have a better understanding regarding your swing speed and all the best golf balls in the market that suit your play style. Increasing and improving your swing speed might take a lot of time and practice. However, by changing your golf ball, you can improve your game in no time at all.
Overall, all the options we have presented on our list are some of the best out there, and you won’t be disappointed if you go for either one of them. However, we have to say that the best overall option is the Titleist Pro V1 golf balls. Although they might be a bit expensive, they are surely worth every penny. This is because they deliver amazing features and performance and are quite versatile and durable as well.
On top of all this, the unique drop-and-stop feature is fantastic and is just another reason why these golf balls are the best. However, if you disagree with our top pick, you can always go through our list and buying guide once again. That will surely help you to figure out the best option for you. Happy golfing!
What Is Swing Speed?
Swing speed is the speed at which your club travels just before you strike the ball. This speed depends on your capability and strength. You can only improve it as you advance as a golf player. Some people confuse swing speed with ball speed, which is an entirely different thing. Ball speed is the speed at which the ball launches when your club or driver strikes it.
You can improve your ball speed if you opt for a better ball. The measurement for swing speed is in mph. Hence, according to your swing speed, different golf balls will be perfect for you. Having a swing speed of 90-95 mph is considered to be neither slow nor a fast swing speed.
Things To Consider
There are certain factors for you to look at and go through. They will help you properly understand what type of golf ball suits your play style and swing speed. Understanding these factors will help you make a much more informed decision about where to spend your hard-earned money.
Types of Golf Balls
Golf balls come in different types. This can refer to the construction and the material of the cover and so forth. Golf balls come in 2-piece, 3-piece, and a much more performance-based 4-piece construction. The number of pieces in a golf ball refers to the number of parts inside the golf ball core.
3-piece and 4-piece golf balls are more suitable for players with higher swing speed. This is because they offer higher compression. 2-piece golf balls are much more common, and most golfers with an average swing speed of 85 mph use them. A 3-piece hybrid construction golf ball is perfect for players with a swing speed of around 85-105 mph.
Golf balls also come with different types of covers, which are mainly urethane and Surlyn. Urethane covers are much softer and offer lower compression but wear out much quicker. Meanwhile, Surlyn golf balls offer more durability, greater spin, and higher compression.
Compression is the amount the ball flattens and compresses when stuck by a club or driver. The measure of compression is in ratings. You apply a general 1:1 ratio on compression and swing speed. Low compression (70-80) golf balls suit players with a slower swing speed (70-80 mph). Meanwhile, with swing speeds of 90-95 mph, you should select a golf ball with a compression rating of around 85-100, as that will suit your swing speed much more.
Launch Angle and Spin
The angle at which you strike the ball off the tee is very crucial. If you don’t strike the ball dead center, it will lead to unnecessary spin and may even lead to bad shots. You can only improve this with practice, and you should not let it interfere in your ball selection process.
Price and Budget
Golf is a costly sport that requires you to prioritize and distribute your budget. Otherwise, you can easily overspend if you don’t keep track. However, a golf ball is one of the most crucial parts that can affect your game by a large margin. This is why you should look into investing in a quality golf ball. Still, this does not mean that you should overspend and waste your money on overhyped and overpriced golf balls.
You should also not cheap out and purchase low-end or used golf balls. That will only make you miserable. Instead, buy a ball that matches your requirements and provides the best value for money.
Thanks for visiting PG Golf Links. If you are looking for another golf ball to improve your game, you can also check out our reviews of other top selling golf balls including the Longest for 2021, our top picks for Beginner golf balls, best with Low spin, for playing golf in Cold weather, for a 100 mph swing speed, top rated for Mid handicap golfers, Slow swing speeds, our selection of Best balls for women, the 20+ high handicaps, those designed for a Handicap of 10, for those of us that Slice the golf ball, our pick for the Average golfer, and finally, our top selection for the Senior golfer.
We have literally tested and used nearly all the golf balls on the market, and are sure you can find a great one to improve your game.